Mini Eggplant Pizzas
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
- 1 eggplant - 3 inches in diameter, peeled and cut into 4 half-inch thick slices
- 4 teaspoons Juliann's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant with the Juliann's Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until browned and almost tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on each eggplant slice. Top with the shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.